7 Days Ljubljana to Ljubljana from $1,679.00
Highlights: Ljubljana, Postojna, Piran, Goriska Brda, Soca Valley, Bled, Bohinj
The perfect way to see the Slovenian scenery and sample local foods. Begin in Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital, then visit one of the largest caves in Europe at Postojna, and enjoy a wine and prosciutto tasting. After the seaside towns of Piran and Portoroz, head into the hills of Goriska Brda for a farm-to-table dinner before overnighting in Nova Gorica. Finish in Bled for three nights, enjoying local cheeses and Bled cream cake.
All Departures Guaranteed
- → Itinerary
A Taste of Slovenia Itinerary
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA OR VENICE, ITALY: You will be met at the airport and transferred to your Ljubljana hotel. The balance of your day is free to relax or perhaps explore the old city center. Tonight, join your Travel Director for an orientation and Welcome Dinner.
Hotel Name: Hotel Central (D)
DAY 2 LJUBLJANA / POSTOJNA / PIRAN: Take a sightseeing tour of Ljubljana this morning. Then journey south to the Karst region and Postojna, home to one of the largest caves in Europe. Tour the fantastic subterranean world by miniature electric train. Afterwards, continue to a nearby wine producer for a Teran wine and prosciutto tasting. Overnight in Piran on the Adriatic coast.
Hotel Name: Hotel Piran (B/WT)
DAY 3 PIRAN / PORTOROZ / GORISKA BRDA / NOVA GORICA: After a tour of Piran, set out for the tourist resort of Portoroz and continue into the hills of Goriska Brda. Visit charming Smartno and enjoy dinner at a local farm. Overnight in Nova Gorica.
Hotel Name: Hotel Perla (B/D)
DAY 4 SOCA VALLEY / BLED: Drive along the emerald green Soca River, through Kobarid, featured in Hemmingway’s “A Farewell to Arms” and stop to visit the WWI Museum. After a stop at the stunning Boka waterfall view point, head into the Julian Alps to Bled where the evening is yours to enjoy.
Hotel Name: Park, or Golf (B)
DAY 5 BLED SIGHTSEEING: An Alpine lake surrounded by high peaks, Bled was “discovered” by travelers in the middle of the 19th-century. A sightseeing tour shows you the highlights of this scenic town on the shores of Lake Bled. You’ll visit imposing Bled Castle, high on a cliff above the lake. Return to the shore and taste the famous Bled cream cake. In the afternoon, travel to Skofja Loka, a medieval town with a castle high above the Poljanka Sora and Selska Sora rivers. After a sightseeing tour, visit the Nace homestead and taste some of the local products.
Hotel Name: Park, or Golf (B)
DAY 6 BLED & EXCURSION TO BOHINJ: Tour Lake Bohinj, enjoying a walk along the lake shore and taking a cable car to Mt. Vogel to view the enchanting Julian Alps. Visit the Shepherd’s Museum and taste wonderful Slovenian cheeses. Celebrate with your fellow travelers at a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight in Bled.
Hotel Name: Park, or Golf (B/D)
DAY 7 DEPART LJUBLJANA OR VENICE: After breakfast you will be transferred to Ljubljana or Venice where your vacation ends. (B)
- → Dates & Rates
2018 Departures All Departures Guaranteed
- Monday April 30 – $1,679.00
- Monday May 28 – $1,679.00
- Monday June 11 – $1,679.00
- Monday July 2 – $1,679.00
- Monday August 6 & 27 – $1,679.00
- Monday September 10 – $1,679.00
- Monday October 1 – $1,679.00
- * Above are Land Start Dates in Ljubljana. Per person prices are land only and based on two people sharing a room. Above dates represent “land start” date. Air: Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above. Journeys Connect can quote you the lowest possible GROUP airfare available on the day that you book. Minimum of 10 seats. Single Room Supplement: $419.
- → Inclusions
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 7
- Twin-bedded rooms in hotels listed or similar; hotel taxes, service charges and tips for baggage handling
- 6 hot breakfasts; 3 dinners, including a Welcome Dinner
- Wine tasting
- Services of a professional Travel Director
- Luxury motorcoach with air conditioning, reclining seats and onboard restroom
- Special features and scenic highlights as indicated in the itinerary, including admission charges
- Sightseeing with a Local Guide: Ljubljana, Postojna Cave, Piran, Goriska Brda, Soca Valley, Bled, Bohinj
- Headsets for sightseeing so you can easily hear your guide’s commentary
- Portfolio of travel documents
- → Map
Per person prices are land only and based on two people sharing a room. Above dates represent “land start” date. Air: Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above. Journeys Connect can quote you the lowest possible GROUP airfare available on the day that you book. Minimum of 10 seats from same gateway. Less than 10 air seats will require full payment at time of booking. Single Room Supplement: $419 Group discounts cannot be combined with our Triple Room discounts. Not valid on Specialty, Customized Vacations or River Cruises, optional extensions, extra nights, airfares, taxes and fees, flight supplements, or airport transfers. Other restrictions may apply. All passengers’ names must be advised before the discount is applied. *Group discount is on a twin-share basis only.